Sunday, September 9, 2012

Pumpkin Patch September 9, 2012


Yesterday, I enjoyed chatting with a good friend.  During the course of the conversation, the question was posed “How do you tell how spiritual someone is?  How would you know if their faith is helping them?”   Today, my heart pondered the question.  We had a board meeting at the ranch this evening. I left early to check on the pumpkins and walk the fields prior to the meeting. 

As I walked the fields, God dropped the answer to the questions into my heart “ by their fruit.”  I am reminded of the verses in Matthew 7 17-18 “In the same way, every good tree produces good fruit, and a bad tree produces bad fruit.  A good tree cannot produce bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot produce good fruit.

John 15: 4 says “Remain in me, and I will remain in you.  A branch cannot produce fruit alone but must remain in the vine.  In the same way, you cannot produce fruit alone but must remain in me. 

We are cautioned to not judge others.  Truly, we are to administer kindness, grace, forgiveness, and love as we reach out and touch a hurting world.  But, I believe we are to be “fruit inspectors.”  By inspecting the “fruit” we will be able to tell if it is good fruit or bad.  There is a definite difference between a good banana and a rotten banana.  We observe it!  So it is with the fruit in the lives of people.  We can see the fruit of the spirit in Galatians 5:22 love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. 

This is the fruit that will be developed in a person’s life when they are connected to THE VINE; Jesus.  Their lives will exhibit these qualities as they grow in their personal relationship with Him.

So, to my dear friend and to you, I would encourage you to literally begin “loving the hell” (literally) out of the people that you are concerned about.  People need to feel your love to be able to feel the love of our Savior.  They may need to connect or reconnect with you to be empowered to plug into the source of life. 

Jesus is tenderly calling, arms outstretched on the cross.  He paved the way for us; paid the price; gave His life; so true love we could know.  Now, we have seeds to sow I believe it is our responsibility to reach out- sow seeds in love. Water. Repent. Pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment