Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Pumpkin Patch 3


02Aug12

Tonight at the pumpkin patch, I arrived angry.  I asked myself “What’s up with this?”  It had been a rough day at work.  I was disappointed, saddened, hurt and responding with anger.  When I arrived, I was thankful to be alone.  I didn’t have to “face” anyone and put on a smile.  I could just spend time pouring out my heart to God, as I poured out the water onto the pumpkins. 

Isn’t God like that? He allows us to pour out our anger, and then he tenderly pours his love into our hearts.  He gives us the Living Water; heals and restores our souls. 

It wasn’t long that I was alone.  I was soon joined by Doug.  Doug is faithful and always brings a smile and a thoughtful word of encouragement.  Today’s word for me to ponder was “dwelling.” 

Soon, Mike appeared, jumped out of his car, cheerfully grabbed a five gallon bucket and started watering the plants.  As we watered, Mike talked about the blessing of the drought.  He shared how grateful he was for it bringing us together and uniting us in fellowship.   He talked about the blessing that it is to tenderly take care of God’s precious “seeds” and “plants.”

Truly, we are not alone.  God is providing.  Although, we have had little to no rain, He gave us the gift of an amazing sky tonight. It was filled with shades of blues and reds that streaked across the sky stretching for, what seemed like endless miles, among scattered puffy white clouds.  I stood in awe.  Then, as dusk turned to dark, I drove home viewing the most amazing orange full moon just rising on the horizon.  It was beautiful.  God was romancing my heart, showing me his love.

Yes, the pumpkin patch is filled with blessings.  Many are growing and beginning to vine.  The bigger blessing is the way God is knitting our hearts together, giving us common purpose and goals.  As the pumpkins vine out, God is opening new areas for us to pursue along the journey of life.  Life begins as a seed in the patch.  Press on towards the goal….Harvest is coming.  Are we ready?

This is the poem God dropped into my heart tonight.

Tonight the plants drooped from heat

They were wilted, looked sad as if to say ‘I’m beat.’

I felt that way, as my energy drained

From the stress of the day I really waned.



As the water poured on the dry earth

It was like watching the miracle of birth

The plants seemed to perk up and spring

To life-what a glorious thing!



Every day it is a chore,

W e need to water so much more.

But we will be faithful to the end

Tenderly caring and loving like a faithful friend.



Press on toward the goal to win the prize.

When we are home we will not close our eyes.

Until that day,

We will press forward; come what may.

No comments:

Post a Comment